Meet Dr. Steven Bunker
Dr. Bunker is a board-certified orthodontist by the American Board of Orthodontics, practicing in Santa Fe, Edgewood, and Albuquerque. He grew up in Southwest Washington and is an ice cream, yard game, and tv show/movie fanatic.
He met his incredible wife in 2012 while she studied nursing/played collegiate rugby, and they now have two beautiful daughters.
Education & Experience
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, graduating Valedictorian from UNLV School of Dental Medicine and receiving the Joel F. Glover General Dentistry Award, All-Around Best Team Member Award, and induction into the prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon society.
Following graduation from dental school, he attended an orthodontic residency in Boston. During this intensive two-year training, he also completed The Aligner Intensive Fellowship, which has allowed Dr. Bunker to predictably treat hundreds of individuals with Invisalign clear aligners. Dr. Bunker utilizes traditional metal braces, clear/ceramic braces, and clear aligners like Invisalign.
Dr. Bunker is also a Spanish-speaking orthodontist to serve his patients further (although a little rusty, so he speaks more Spanglish now). He and his family are excited to return to the Southwest, where his wife is from, and look forward to being part of the Santa Fe community.
Outside of the Office
- He can crack an egg with one hand (without getting any shells in the bowl!!!)
- He is the youngest of four sisters but still struggles to braid his daughters’ hair
- Go-to drinks are Horchata, Dr. Pepper, or Nesquik
- Still has PB&J (creamy, not chunky) for the majority of his lunches (since Kindergarten)
- Favorite yard games include Spikeball, Kan Jam, Kubb, Bocce Ball, Badminton, Croquet